Epicure has unveiled a five-strong range of pestos, each inspired by a different part of the world.
The flavours comprise:
- Chakkalaka, South-African – This spicy pesto is made with chilli and coriander in a tomato base. Its vibrant red colour will brighten up a South-African inspired meat dish.
- Chermoula, North African – This variety is a zesty green pesto, made with ingredients including lemon, coriander, cumin and chilli.
- Chimichurri, South American – This colourful product contains parsley, oregano and coriander.
- Mojo Verde, Spanish – Made with green pepper and chillies, this pesto leaves a definite zing.
- Zhoug, Middle Eastern – The most earthy of the range, the zhoug variant includes chillies, parsley and coriander.
Available now, the 180g pestos carry an RSP of £2.99.
The range is aimed at consumers interested in experimenting with world flavours. The pestos can be used for cooking, marinating or stirred through mayonnaise and used as a tasty dipping sauce.
Jason Beaumont, PWbrands Director, said: “Often, people assume pesto is only the traditional, green, Italian kind – but that is just one variety. Pesto means ‘a herb that is crushed’ and, at Epicure, we are taking pestos to a new level with five outstanding flavours that can be used across a multitude of dishes to bring exciting flavour to the palate and vibrancy to the plate.”
The launch coincides with a packaging refresh for the brand. A new labelling design incorporates modern fonts with a contrasting palette of black, white and gold. Each label features a coloured sash to match the product within, for example green for asparagus. The appearance of the new labelling is intended to highlight the heritage and longevity of the Epicure brand, as well as the usage of quality ingredients.