Snacks the way to do it!
The snacking market
Mondelēz International is a leading expert in snacks, holding the world number one positions in chocolate, biscuits and candy1.
The company has in-depth knowledge of snacking behaviour and the snacks market, conducting an ambitious research programme that has provided valuable insights including identifying key snacking occasions throughout the day; breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, afternoon treat and evening.
The trends driving growth include both consumer lifestyle demands and lack of time as well as the increased opportunities to purchase snacks when out and about. Mondelēz International has used this knowledge to create innovative products that are incremental to the category, deliver on the needs of the consumer and also offer great taste.
The snacking opportunity
Snacking is growing, thanks to consumers’ increasingly hectic and busy lives driving demand for snacks and on-the-go formats, and to greater choice when looking to pick up a quick bite away from home.
This means retailers have a massive opportunity to drive snack sales. They should provide accessible features and consider cross category merchandising displays – focused on consumption occasions throughout the day – to inspire their shoppers. This could include Belvita Breakfast at breakfast, Cadbury Dairy Milk Oat Crunch at mid morning, Ritz Crisp & Thin 30g packs at lunch and sharing tablets like Cadbury Dairy Milk Puddles for a big night in.
- Stock the bestsellers and ensure the most popular brands are represented to appeal to the largest range of customers.
- Ensure you have a clear ‘on the go’ offering
- Use manufacturer POS to highlight products, particularly when you introduce new lines.
- Make the most of manufacturers’ media investment by stocking and displaying products when activity is running.
- Snacks link with other categories, such as biscuits with hot drinks or savoury snacks with alcohol or dips. Consider cross-purchasing opportunities to maximise sales to help drive these impulse purchases.
For more information on getting the most out of your snacking range, please visit www.deliciousdisplay.co.uk.
1: Euromonitor 2014