WKD’s multichannel, interactive ‘WKD for the Now’ summer campaign rocks up in Scotland next week (August 24) at the Glasgow Summer Sessions.
The RTD brand is bringing its WKD Hub to Bellahouston Park. This incorporates four specific areas:
- a mirrored ‘get ready to party’ glitter station enabling revellers to add some sparkle and a touch of glamour to the occasion
- a VIP garden terrace giving a raised view over the site
- an exclusive VIP WKD bar and DJ booth
- ‘The WKD Spot’ where the brand’s exclamation mark logo is put to creative use as a highly visible meeting point/seating area/dance stage
As well as Glasgow Summer Sessions, the WKD Hub is appearing at other major music events throughout the summer.
WKD plans to widen the reach of the events by sharing the experience with those who aren’t there. DJs at each of the venues will host a series of two hour shows which will be broadcast between 8pm and 10pm – the prime-time slot when 18 to 24-year-olds are getting ready for an evening out.
Other campaign activity includes:
- highly visible national digital poster displays across the country, including Glasgow and Edinburgh
- a fully-integrated social media programme spearheaded by DJs
- distribution of POS materials
- the creation of a series of signature summer cocktails for each of the four WKD variants
The five different digital posters feature a person performing a different talent such as roller skating, break dancing and hula-hooping in the spotlight of the WKD exclamation mark which is fashioned into a stage.
Overall, the campaign is expected to reach two million 18 to 24-year-old consumers every week throughout the summer until September.
Amanda Grabham, Head of Brand Marketing – Alcohol, at SHS Drinks, commented: “Having a fantastic time and sharing those experiences and memories with friends on social media is at the epicentre of today’s 18 to 24-year-olds’ lifestyles, and this has been the driving force and lies at the very heart of the ‘WKD for the Now’ summer campaign.
“With the programme of support we have planned for WKD this summer, the brand is going to be very top of mind for 18 to 24-year-old consumers and we’d recommend that retailers are prepared and well-stocked for the increase in sales that these activities are likely to generate.”