Spar Brand has relaunched seven of its standard cooked meat lines with revamped packaging to highlight its value and quality to consumers.
The new packaging shows more of the product, based on the knowledge that transparent packs appeal to shoppers.
Available now, the updated lines are:
- Spar Breaded Ham (PMP two for £3)
- Spar Oven Baked Ham (PMP two for £3)
- Spar Honey Roast Ham (PMP two for £3)
- Spar Roast Beef Slices (RSP £2)
- Spar Wafer Thin Honey Roast Ham (PMP £1)
- Spar Wafer Thin Cooked Ham (PMP £1)
- Spar Wafer Thin Cooked Chicken (PMP £1).
As many as 91% of shoppers eat cooked meat and poultry, and the market is estimated at a huge £1.9bn, said Cath McIlwham, Spar UK Head of Spar Brand.
“Spar has a great opportunity in cooked meats, and packaging will play an important role in showing both the value and the quality of our cooked meats range to shoppers,” she added.
“Families are big shoppers in this category, and the expected growth of 4.8% in the number of children between now and 2021 is likely to support this growth.
“All this knowledge has been behind the packaging revamp of this range, and we’re encouraging our Spar retailers to stock up now in time for summer.”