Diageo has launched a new e-learning tool to give consumers the information they need to make positive decisions about drinking responsibly and tackle myths about drinking alcohol.
The new, mobile-friendly, online resource is the latest development in Diageo’s DRINKiQ training programme, which has been running now for 10 years. A first of its kind within the alcohol industry, it uses interactive learning and tests to give people information about:
- What is in your drink – including alcohol content across different types of alcohol
- What alcohol is, how it is processed and the different ways it can affect your body
- How to keep track of your alcohol intake – including tips for hosting at home, or out socialising
- How to pour a standard measure of beer, wine and spirits via an interactive exercise
- The truth about common myths around alcohol
Carolyn Panzer, Director of Alcohol and Society, Diageo said: “There is clearly a desire for this kind of information, which is why we wanted to make DRINKiQ available more widely. This powerful new online tool, intended to raise collective knowledge about alcohol, allows anyone, anywhere, to quickly get a handle on how drinking affects the body, and gives the tips they need to make the right choices for them.”