Entries are now open for the Achievers Awards 2022, an industry programme that rewards outstanding performance across the wholesale trade in Scotland.
The event, which highlights best practice and innovation within the industry and also shines a spotlight on the dedicated, passionate people who keep its wheels moving, will return after missing a year due to the pandemic.
Submitting an entry is quick and easy via online application.
Supporting suppliers will judge the wholesale categories, supervised by an independent panel of judges with cross-sector experience and knowledge. Any wholesaler with a depot in Scotland may enter the competition and entries will remain open until 26 July.
There are two new awards for 2022:
- Community Service Award will recognise the efforts of wholesalers in supporting their customers, staff and communities during the pandemic
- Best Technology Initiative will reflect the way in which wholesalers are investing in digital and tech systems from new online ordering and data capture systems through to systems that improve picking and business efficiencies.
Best Business Initiative replaces the previous Best Marketing Initiative while the two new awards introduced for 2020 – Rising Star of Wholesale (open to employers aged 26 and under) and Green Wholesaler of the Year – are back for 2022.
Meanwhile, a special supplier award has been added for 2022 that recognises either a company, team or individual who went above and beyond anything expected of them during the last year. This award is not restricted to support of wholesale but could include fundraising, charity work or community activity.
Colin Smith, SWA Chief Executive, said: “This is going to be a very exciting year for Achievers as many new members have joined the association over the past year and their input to our awards, along with that of existing members, will create excitement and bring added vibrancy to a long-established event.
“Achievers has been an important and popular fixture on the wholesale calendar for 20 years and we are determined to make what will be our first big physical event since the first lockdown in March 2020 one that resonates with our wholesale and supplier members, stakeholders and others as once again we gather to celebrate everything that is great about the wholesale sector in Scotland.”
Entries close on 26 July, with judging starting in September.
The gala dinner and awards presentation will take place at the Sheraton Grand, Edinburgh on Thursday, 10 February 2022. Tables can be booked by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Best Cash & Carry
- Best Delivered Operation – Retail
- Best Symbol Group
- Best Delivered Operation – Foodservice
- Best Licensed Operation
- Green Wholesaler of the Year
- Great Place to Work
- Employee of the Year
- Rising Star of Wholesale
- Best Business Initiative
- Best Technology Initiative
- Community Service Award
- Supplier awards:
- Best Advertising Campaign
- Supplier Sales Executive of the Year
- Best Overall Service
- Best Foodservice Supplier
- Supplier Outstanding Achievement Award