Bestway Wholesale has added a new premium range, best-one Inspired, to its own-label offer.
The 15 new products, including all-butter cookies, hand-cooked crisps and high-fruit content conserves, have been launched to tap into the premiumisation trend which is currently driving growth in many convenience categories.
Premium own-label has increased its share in multiples from 5.6% to 6.1% over the past year and is worth over £3bn in grocery.
Ed Smeaton, Director of Trading for Retail at Bestway Wholesale, said: “It’s not a fad with 88% of shoppers now buying into premium own-label. With more consumers shopping local, little and often, best-one Inspired will help independents capitalise on this opportunity. Not only does it tick the box for shoppers but by encouraging shoppers to trade up, it increases basket spend and profit for the retailer.”
Despite the premium nature of the products, they are all presented in price-marked packs.
“Shoppers don’t necessarily want cheap – they want value,” added Smeaton. “We have made indulgence affordable and are communicating this to shoppers via on-pack price-marking.”
The best-one Inspired line up consists of:
- Three all-butter cookies variants – Belgian Chocolate Cookies, Belgian White Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Sultana Cookies
- Two Italian pestos – alla Genovese and alla Rosso
- Three hand-cooked crisps packs – Sea Salt. Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar, Mature Cheddar and Caramelised Red Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes in a rich Tomato sauce
- Three high fruit conserves – Cherry, Strawberry and Blackcurrant
All best-one Inspired products deliver a retailer POR of over 30% and a special launch promotion throughout August sees a guaranteed 40% POR for retailers across conserves, cookies and tomatoes.
Bestway plans to extend the range over the coming months.