A world of healthy living will shortly descend on Glasgow, as Scotland’s first-ever Vegfest comes to the city.
The event, taking place at the SECC from the 5th to 6th of December, promises a combination of food and education as well as comedy and live music.
Vegfest has been running for 12 years, with well-attended shows in Brighton, Bristol and London. Around 10,000 visitors are expected to attend its first foray north of the border. They can look forward to a host of activities, including:
- 130 stalls with merchandise, information, special offers and free samples aplenty
- 12 caterers with a colourful menu of globally inspired vegan food
- Talks on vegan nutrition/health/lifestyle/campaigns,
- Cookery demos,
- Living raw food demos
- Vegan health and activists’ summits
- Hemp expo
- Activities for kids with cookery classes and magic shows
- TeenVGN zone for teenage veggies/vegans
- Display area
- Mature zone for the elderly
Exhibitors and caterers include Bute Island Foods, Green City Wholefoods, Mono, Stereo, The 78, The Flying Duck, Koko Dairy Free, All Natural Me, ConsiderIt Chocolate, Humane Wildlife Solutions, Juice Warrior, Missy’s Vegan Cupcakes, Raw Vegan Life, TheVeganKind, White Rabbit Skincare plus many others.
Vegfest Scotland also features a number of distinguished special guest speakers and performers.
The festival’s organiser, Tim Barford, commented: “It’s such a privilege to bring Vegfest to Scotland. To be able to bring the vegan message to the people of Scotland in such a fun lively colourful passionate and inspiring way is a true honour.”