Unitas Wholesale has reduced the number of members on its board from 16 to 12.
The move comes ahead of Simon Hannah’s elevation to the position of Chairman, following a boardroom election. The JW Filshill boss takes up the role at the end of January, replacing the retiring Sam Wilcox.
Unitas said the boardroom cull had been planned since the company was formed, and that the new structure “ensured a cross section of members within retail, foodservice, on trade and specialist member categories”.
To facilitate this, four members offered to resign their positions: Regal Wholesale, JW Gray & Co, East End Foods and Time Wholesale.
To promote further diversity, all Unitas board meetings will now have a senior female member Director attending to provide insight and input, and promote a pipeline of future female applicants.
Simon Hannah (pictured) commented: “There is a lot of ambition and energy within our membership and a lot of talent and experience within our board and execs. Our first very successful year has created an excellent platform for our members and suppliers to accelerate our growth together.”
The Unitas Board is comprised of:
- Simon Hannah, JW Filshill
- Greg Suszczenia, AG Parfetts & Sons
- Manish Dhamecha, Dhamecha Foods
- Asim Sarwar, United Wholesale (Scotland)
- Jim Cummiskey, Failte Foods
- Andrew Wild, Wilds
- Nick Ramsden, DB Ramsden & Co
- Kali Mulchandani, Imperial Cash & Carry
- James Russell, Blakemore Wholesale
- Marcus Singh, Hyperama
- Jay Suterwalla, Sutaka UK
- Amaan Ramzan, United Wholesale Grocers