A range of Christmas gift packs will be launched to the off-trade this festive season by Maxxium UK.
Research commissioned by Maxxium UK shows that 68% of spirits drinkers see spirits as a good gift and this has led to Maxxium focusing more heavily on gifting opportunities.
Chris Richardson, Category and Customer Marketing Controller at Maxxium UK, said: “Shoppers are looking for gifts with added value and find spirits to be the perfect fit.”
- Jim Beam will be available in a gift carton with a highball glass with an rrp of £19.68.
- Maker’s Mark, a super-premium bourbon, is being offered in a gift pack containing a 70cl bottle, a branded Maker’s Mark glass and a bespoke Maker’s Mark ice ball mould. This is available exclusively at Costco with an rrp of £29.12.
- Célébration Sensorielle XO contains a 70cl bottle and 20 fragranced aroma cones, along with a Courvoisier brand book detailing tasting notes and Courvoisier’s story. It has an rrp of £190.
- Célébration Sensorielle Initiale Extra (rrp £397) contains a 70cl bottle and two fragranced candles, along with the Courvoisier brand book.
- Offered with two whisky glasses, the Highland Park gift pack (rrp £34.93) aims to give consumers the added value they are looking for when purchasing a premium product.
- There are two Macallan Gold gift packs available. Both include a 70cl bottle with a different premium stopper. The rrp for both packs is £38.76.
- The Peated Malts of Distinction) gift pack (rrp £14.99) is designed specifically for Christmas. It contains a collection of peated single malt whiskies including The Ardmore, Connemara, Bowmore and Laphroaig in 5cl bottles. Arranged in a presentation box, complete with a pamphlet describing the whiskies, Maxxium says it makes “a great gift for whisky aficionados or someone new to the category looking to experience a range of premium brands and varieties.”
Richardson concluded: “We’ve focused our efforts on providing support that meets clear shopper motivations. This is vital in order to drive strong growth for our categories, brands and our customers whilst delighting the end consumer who receives these gifts.”