The festive period is probably the most hectic and stressful time in the retail calendar. So it’s probably worth remembering that the confidential GroceryAid Helpline is available online and via freephone 24/7, including Christmas and New Year.
The charity is able to help anyone in the grocery industry, regardless of length of service, across a wide range of subjects, from financial to personal issues.
Expertly trained advisors are accessible via phone, email or online. The Helpline covers a wide range of key areas, such as:
- Counselling (online and telephone) for people who have experienced incidents which are harmful or threatening
- Comprehensive knowledge base covering a wide range of topics
- Financial support, including debt and benefits information
- Personal issues, including family, children and relationships
- Carers’ support programme for those who have caring responsibilities
- Health and wellbeing, including mental health issues
- Help with depression and anxiety
- Legal issues through Law Express
The GroceryAid Helpline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is available to all who work, or have worked, within the grocery industry – from the largest factory, to the supply chain and through to the smallest of stores.
To contact the Helpline call freephone 08088 021122 or visit www.groceryaid.org.uk.