Pladis has unveiled plans for its biggest-ever Christmas brand campaign. For the first time, brands under the McVitie’s, Jacob’s and Carr’s master brands will come together under the campaign banner ‘Merry Biscuits everyone’.
The integrated campaign is themed around sharing, and looks to highlight the products that bring family and friends together to celebrate the festive season.
With a total investment of £1.3m to support McVitie’s, Jacob’s and Carr’s brands, the campaign will involve an on-pack promotion and seasonal point of sale. There will be new products, as well as the return of some festive editions.
An exclusive promotion will give consumers the chance to win a trip to Lapland or one of thousands of family days by unlocking the ‘Merry Biscuits grotto’ using a unique on-pack code.
2017 sees the launch of new McVitie’s White Chocolate Digestives Nibbles – biscuit balls coated in white chocolate. Also new is the McVitie’s Milk Chocolate Digestives Postbox Tin – a fun and festive gifting solution.
Carr’s will be launching its first NPD in several years, with Carr’s Batons tapping into the premium nibbling sector, available in three flavours. Jacob’s will also be launching a new Cracker CRSPs Sour Cream & Chive Caddy.
Hena Chandarana, UK Trade Communications Controller at pladis, said: “We’re really excited about this year’s campaign for McVitie’s and Jacob’s – our biggest and most integrated yet. We’ve injected some real Christmas magic into our creative approach – from new packaging designs and an amazing on-pack promotion through to stand-out in-store activity. pladis is home to some of the nation’s best-loved brands and what we’ve done this year is dial-up the role our biscuits and snacks play during the festive season, reminding shoppers that it just wouldn’t be Christmas without them!”
New for Christmas 2017
- McVitie’s Digestives White Chocolate Nibbles – McVitie’s is extending its Digestives Nibbles range this Christmas to include a limited edition White chocolate variant with festive packaging. A 120g sharing pouch RSPs at £1.99.
- McVitie’s Milk Chocolate Digestives Postbox Tin has an RSP of £10 for a 400g tin.
- McVitie’s Moments – Aimed at the younger shopper, this product will be available in a 400g box with an RSP of £10.
- Carr’s Batons – Available in three variants: Cheddar & Onion; Tomato, Emmental & Herb; and Rosemary & Sea Salt (RSP £1.49 for a 100g box).
- Jacob’s Cracker CRSPs Sour Cream & Chive Caddy – Festively packaged in 230g tubs for an RSP of £3.49.
- McVitie’s Victoria –100g, RSP £1; 300g, RSP £5; 600g, RSP £8; 825g, RSP £11
- McVitie’s Family Circle –360g, RSP £3.09; 670g, RSP £6; 900g, RSP £8
- McVitie’s Jaffa Pole – RSP £6
- Jacob’s Biscuits for Cheese Selection – 450g, RSP £4.29; 900g, RSP £7.50; 300g RSP £2.99
- Jacob’s Savoury Favourites – 200g, RSP £2.19
- Jacob’s Savours – 250g, RSP £4.29
- Carr’s Assortment – 500g, RSP £7.50 and 200g, RSP £2.79
- Jacob’s Caddies – RSP £3.49