The sweet taste of success
Confectionery is not only one of the most valuable categories in your store, it is also the most impulsive. It can play a major role in driving incremental sales. The key to getting this category right is combining an outstanding display with an optimal range.
What to stock
- Focus on bestselling brands
- Make sure your range covers the key confectionery sub-categories: singles, blocks, pocket candy, bags and sharing & gifting
- When appropriate, create space for seasonal displays to create excitement in store.
The key to success lies in having a great main fixture which is easy to shop, and well-located secondary displays which inspire shoppers.
Many consumers will decide to purchase a sweet treat while in your store. This makes display and category management a vitally important tool.
Shopping made easy
On your main fixture we recommend following these key principles:
- Make sure your fixture is highly visible – locate where every shopper that visits your store can see your confectionery display
- Have the bestselling bars on the bestselling shelves
- Group products by pack formats i.e singles together, bags together, blocks together
- Within pack formats group brands together
- Keep shelves fully stocked with clear prices.
Inspired to buy
Confectionery is a highly impulsive. Secondary displays in high footfall areas increase visibility and help to drive impulse purchases. Displays need to stop your consumer in their tracks. They are ideal for new products, products with media investment and promotion.
Only 13% of people visit all the areas in your store1, so secondary locations allow more consumers to see the category.
Ideal locations are on the counter or at the front of the store.
Better choices through offering a great range
- Take advantage of sharing growth through bags in your store. We recommend:
- Bestsellers should be displayed between 1 and 1.4 metres from the floor.
- Split chocolate and sugar confectionery on the fixture and within sugar split into sub-categories – traditional and family favourites.
- Seasons, such as Christmas, Easter and Halloween, provide a great opportunity to drive incremental sales. But be ready for day one and build a great seasonal display. Consider your window space to really create theatre
Recommended must stock chocolate singles^
- Cadbury Twirl
- Cadbury Wispa
- Cadbury Crunchie
- Cadbury Double Decker
- Cadbury Boost
- Cadbury Dairy Milk
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo
- Cadbury Fudge
- Cadbury Star Bar
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons
- Cadbury Wispa Gold
Recommended must stock candy singles^
- Trebor Extra Strong Peppermint
- Trebor Softmints Spearmint
- Trebor Softmints Peppermint
- Halls Mentholyptus Extra Strong
- Maynards Wine Gums
- Halls Soothers Blackcurrant
- Trebor Mighties Mint
Recommended must stock chocolate and sugar bags^
- Maynards Bassetts Jelly Babies
- Maynards Bassetts Wine Gums
- Cadbury Chocolate Eclairs
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Giant Buttons
- Cadbury Bitsa Wispa
- Cadbury Boost Bites
For the full Mondelez International core range recommended list go to www.deliciousdisplay.co.uk.
For planograms specific to your store size please visit www.deliciousdisplay.co.uk for more options.
1: HIM! CTP 2014
^: As recommended by Mondelez International